If I have a Free Zone visa from Ajman or Fujairah, do I have to live there?

Asked by caca

No, your visa does not restrict you from living anywhere in the UAE regardless of the Emirate it was issued in. You may have a company and business in Ras Al Khaimah or Fujairah, but reside in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. However, things like driving license have to be obtained from the Emirate where your visa belongs to.

Answered by on 15 Oct 2014

[getsocial app="native_bar"]



  • By Sanjay / 20 Apr 2016 / Reply

    I am planning to start a business in RAK free zone. I have a Dubai driving licence valid for few more year. Will I have to change it to RAK or I can continue with the same.

    • By Andrew O. / 25 Apr 2016 / Reply

      As for your driving license, I can assure you that you do not need to change it in case of changing your visa. You will keep the same driving license as you already have.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2014 Local Consultancy DMCC. All rights reserved.